IP CONSULTANT/CLIENT MANAGER (Foreigner)
FERRANTE Intellectual Property is a full practice intellectual property firm with established offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. We provide comprehensive legal services on all aspects of trademarks, designs, patents, copyright prosecution and litigation, anti-counterfeiting strategies and IP as well as domain names portfolio management.
We are driven by the belief that small details can make a big difference and we always look at problems from more than one angle in order to find the best solution.
We truly care for our clients and tailor solutions to their specific needs, as we understand what it means to be different. Our client base consists of companies and multinationals from various industries that are based in more than 10 countries worldwide.
We offer a competitive salary, a variable pay program and comprehensive benefits package as well as a career path with steps to take in your professional life with Ferrante IP for progressing into different or more advanced roles.
An IP Legal Professional able to work with passion to protect our clients' intellectual property rights delivering excellent results in taking professional care of their intangible assets interested about China and South-East Asia.
Together we'll be:
A passionate team of IP consultants developing outstanding solutions and strategies for our clients. Working collaboratively and creatively as part of a close-knit team, you will manage the team independently coordinating and supervising all IP related work. You will also take active part in developing business opportunities and implementing new strategies to expand our clients portfolio.
Reporting line: Partner – Head of Anti-counterfeiting and TM departments
Brief Job Description:
Evaluating client's intellectual property rights and execute intellectual property prosecution and enforcement programs; Overseeing all cases of the clients they have been assigned ensuring Company standards are maintained at all time; Ensure coordination the work between departments for the clients they have been assigned. This role will provide support for various client engagements by legal analysis, presenting conclusions/recommendations to the client, and assisting with preparation of written communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting Partner executing instruction;
• Evaluating client's intellectual property rights and execute on intellectual property prosecution and
enforcement program under guidance of the Partner;
• Overseeing all files and programs of the clients they have been assigned ensuring Company
standards are maintained at all time;
• Coordinating the work between departments for the clients they have been assigned;
• Working alongside the Litigation department in handling infringement cases;
• Working alongside the Trademark/Patent department in handling Trademark and Patent prosecution
• Managing Customs enforcement actions for IPR infringement and Customs recordation of rights;
• Assisting the partners and the head of department in preparation of Clients meetings and other
general day to day tasks;
• Examining material, such as publications, law revisions, case study etc. for providing proactive advice
to the company;
• Assisting partners/managers with Power Point presentations/publications seminars to existing clients,
prospective clients, and other industry related seminars;
• Performing online desk searches;
• Preparing and overseeing billing for the clients assigned;
• Assisting with client visit to China, meeting clients directly when necessary;
• Promoting the Company at all times also at marketing events.
• Able to work with a minimum supervision;
• Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage Anti-counterfeiting activities in solving
common and complex business/technical issues within established policies;
• Bachelor degree or above. Major in English or Law;
• 5+ years' experience within the IP field, preferably in International Law firms;
• Excellent legal analysis and reasoning;
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
• Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with all office personnel, clients, and
• Ability to make decisions and work well under pressure;
• Ability to prioritize goals and to schedule the working day accordingly;
• Build and maintain close working relationships with colleagues and clients;
• Must be able to work independently but integrate well in a team-oriented environment;
• Excellent attention to detail, proactivity and confidentiality;
• Willingness to travel from time to time;
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Writer, etc;
Interested candidates please send detailed resume to email@example.com
or contact our HR at +86 21 63232619/+86 10 84464995